Sunday, December 21, 2008

Is a white Christmas in store for Portland?

I was hoping for some snow when I came to Oregon for Christmas break but I wasn't expecting this. It has snowed everyday since I got here on Tuesday. Church got cancelled today and it is supposed to snow everyday through Christmas. The Oregonian reported: "The National Weather Service says the chance of a white Christmas in Portland is less than 1 percent. The last time the city got measurable snowfall during the holiday was 1937." It is looking pretty good that we will indeed have a white Christmas in Portland. I guess I picked a good year to come home for the holidays!

2 comments:

Clayton and Camea said...

Yay! I know it's kind of a pain sometimes (mostly because OTHER people are moronic....) but I LOVE snow. There's nothing better than bundling up in a blanket with some yummy hot cocoa and watching it fall. I hope you have a Merry Christmas and it sticks around for it.

Monique Jensen said...

At least when it's that cold you can look at the snow and "know" why it's so cold. As opposed to it being in the 30's here in Texas and only looking at the ugly grays and browns. Snow it prettier to look at in my opinion. BUT--I only want it on Christmas. After that I will take the ugly browns and greys with the warmer weather! :) Miss you! Hope you're having a great break!!!